The Ulster Farmhouse is a newly renovated Hudson Valley Farmhouse, just 10 minutes from the historic towns of Kingston and Rosendale. Nestled in the heart of Hudson Valley, there are many activities within a close distance including, hiking, fishing, swimming, sightseeing, nightlife, restaurants, and more. Or If you want to stay in, feel free to hang in the hot tub, by the fire, or watch movies in our huge open living room next to the electric fireplace.
Welcome to the Ulster Farmhouse! We’re so excited for you to stay at our home. We have provided basic amenities including fresh towels, toiletries, linens, and kitchen basics. If you need anything, please feel free to contact us through the rental app, phone, email, or text.
If you have any questions, please message us on the app, text, or call our handyman Mike at 845-591-0649.
GUESTS: If you expect additional guests after booking, just send us a quick message and we will do our best to accommodate.
CLEANING: We take pride in our cleanliness and make sure we exceed guidelines on enhanced cleaning. All areas of the home have been sanitized, washed, and disinfected for your stay. If there are any issues please don’t hesitate to reach out.
NOISE Quiet hours are 10pm-8am. Please respect our neighbors.
ACCESS AND KEYS: Use the code given to you at check-in to unlock the door walking up from the driveway. The door needs to be completely shut for the code to work. Press the lock button on the keypad to lock the door when leaving. A key for that door will be in the lockbox if you need to use it. Please try not to use the key, but if you need it, return the key to its original location.
HOT TUB: Throw in 1 oz of the “Spa Shock Oxidizer” 15 minutes before use. Both the chemicals and measuring cup are on the window sill in the laundry room. If there’s none left, please don’t worry about adding, the hot tub is still clean.
- Please do not sit on the hot tub lid.
- Please shower before using the tub
- No glass in the hot tub—there are plastic glasses in the kitchen, please use those.
- When you are not using the hot tub, please always close the lid.
WIFI: Connect to our wifi for music & Netflix. The network name is Upstate Getaways and there is no PW.
MUSIC: Download the Sonos App to play music in the living room or on the deck through the outdoor speakers. Spotify is a little buggy with Sonos, but all other streaming works well. Please try and keep the volume down if you are playing music outdoors late at night.
TRASH: Please bring trash from the kitchen to the bin at the end of the driveway.
ELECTRIC FIREPLACE: The fireplace is controlled via remote located on the wall next to the Minibar, please make sure to always turn off the fire place when not in use. The glass and metal around the fireplace gets extremely hot. Be careful to never touch or lean anything against the fireplace.
BBQ GRILL: We do our absolute best to make sure there’s propane, but in rare occasions our tanks may be out. If there’s none left, feel free to fill it up at the closest gas station and it’ll be on us! Please confirm the propane valve is turned off after use.
TOWELS: At the end of your stay, start a wash with all the towels you used. Use a little bit of detergent in the wash room on the “normal” setting. The washer / dryer is located in the hall on the second floor near the far bedroom to your right.
PETS: Pets must be pre-approved before. Any damage will be the renter’s full responsibility. Bringing a pet without prior approval will result in a loss of your security deposit.
SAFETY OUTSIDE: Always check for ticks at the end of each day after spending time in the woods—this is really important. Keep a lookout for poison ivy when hiking.
INFANTS: Please be advised the house is not Infant-proof. If you do bring an infant, please be very careful and always keep an eye on them.
TOWELS: Wash all the towels you use at the end of your stay. You can wash them with a little bit of detergent in the wash room under the “normal” setting.
BEDS: Strip only the beds you used and leave sheets next to the beds on the floor.
DISHES: Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run the wash.
TRASH: Leave full bins in the basement and take extra trash with you.
KEYS: If you used the keys, put them safely back in their original position.
LAST ITEMS: Please make sure the lights are off, windows are closed, and the door is locked upon check-out.
Why can’t I log into the Wifi?
When you connect to the Upstate Getaways Wifi, you will see a screen pop-up to confirm some details and log you in for your stay. There’s no password for our Wifi.
Hot Tub and Spa instructions
We are meticulous about making sure the hot tub is kept cleaned and maintained. Please help us keep the hot tub in good shape by following instructions. If you have any questions, please message us on the app, text, or call our handyman Mike at 845-591-0649.
- Please do not sit on the hot tub lid.
- Please shower before entering the hot tub.
- No drinks in the hot tub please.
- When you are not using the hot tub, please always close the lid and buckle the straps.
- When you are done using the hot tub, please put in 1 capful of the “Oxidizing Shock” after use. It is located in the laundry room on the Window Sill. If there is none there, we are restocking and you don’t need to add it.
- When you are done using the hot tub, please turn the temperature down to 95 degrees.
Gas Fireplace Instructions
- Feel free to enjoy the fireplace! It is gas powered, so please be mindful and aways shut it off when done.
- The fireplace is controlled via a remote located on the wall near the bar area in the same room.
- Do not put anything into the fireplace, including food or paper. It may cause a fire.
- Please make sure to always turn off the fireplace when not in use. The remote has a timer, so it usually shuts off on its own.
- The glass and metal around the fireplace gets extremely hot.
- Be careful to never touch or lean anything against the fireplace.
BBQ Grill Instructions
- When using the grill, please always wipe down and scrub the grates before and after use.
- Wash out the tray under the grill when done.
- Shut off the propane valve when done with the grill.
- Always put the cover back on the grill.
Check in and out times
Please note check-in is 4pm and check-out is 11am unless there was a different time previously discussed with enough time notice.
Music and Sonos Instructions
Download the Sonos App to play music around the house. Please try and keep the volume down if you are playing music outdoors late at night.
What happens if there is a power outage?
If there is a power outage, we have a backup generator that runs on propane. It will kick on immediately. If you need anything during a power outage, please call our handyman Mike at 845-591-0649.
How do I watch Neflix or other streaming services?
You can watch Netflix on our Apple TV in the living room! Please sign out of the existing account and log into your own to use.
If there is snow, will someone come to plow, shovel and salt the paths?
Yes, during a snow storm we do have a team that comes by as soon as they can. It does depend on the severity of the storm and the roads, but rest assured we are coming.
There is also a shovel and salt provided in case of emergencies.
HVAC AC and heat units Instructions
There is 1 Thermostat on each floor that should be set between 65-68 degrees on either heating or cooling depending on the time of year. If you want to make them hotter, you can turn them up. We have programmed the Thermostats to always be in this range.